Greetings!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
IT'S funny we were talking about Bobcats just last night. As we flushed one out today as we were restoring one of the work areas and this is who popped out and crossed the road he was a big boy
RIVER VALLEY RD BOBCAT STRATFORD (1 of 1).JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have never heard of a bobcat killing anyone. seriously maim maybe they are ferocious hunters but they a limited bite similar to a house cat. they can jump up probably higher then just about any other animal but they don't have the strength

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Bobcats are big and scary looking. The one I saw (about 5 yards away) was the size of a Labt. Imagine your cat that big. It could do serious damage. It was big enough that I didn't dare walk outside when I saw it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ok second dumb look in two days what in the word is a labt? ohhh or is it typo and LAB AH GOTCHA yes this guy was the size of a medium sized dog like a lab but he climbed a blasted out section of ledge 20 feet high straight wall like it was no big deal what so ever

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That was a cougar @CometKeith - not the same animal.
Okay. Obviously this is over my head! I don't know the difference between a mountain lion, cougar, or bobcat, but I'm assuming it's pretty much a matter of size. I'm not too crazy about cats in general, but did see some leopards and lions in africa and they were pretty cool. I have a nice picture of a leopard holding an impala by the throat, but didn't post it because it might make someone kinda queasy!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Linx are substantially larger then bobcats and do not like living around humans. And if i'm not mistaken you'll only find linx in the most northerly states in the U.S but more of a Canadian traveler

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Okay. Obviously this is over my head! I don't know the difference between a mountain lion, cougar, or bobcat, but I'm assuming it's pretty much a matter of size. I'm not too crazy about cats in general, but did see some leopards and lions in africa and they were pretty cool. I have a nice picture of a leopard holding an impala by the throat, but didn't post it because it might make someone kinda queasy!
I'D love to see it put it up in the thread wild life

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A bobcat a person could fight off , not without some nasty scars but you'll more then likely live. a mountain lion on the other hand is much stronger the teeth and jaw much larger and stronger. and the odds are you would not survive. but this is what they will tell you if you ever do encounter a mountain lion. PROTECT YOUR NECK Like cometkieth said the leopard had it's kill by the throat that's how mountain lions kill but I believe they like to take a bite from the back and sever the spine. The leopard likes to choke it's prey. what can I say i'm like rob I love wild life photography

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'D love to see it put it up in the thread wild life
Okay. i'll try to find that thread. Didn't even know there was one. I went on several safaris a couple years ago, There is no comparison in seeing an animal in the wild versus the zoo. In the wild you can see how they hunt and kill their prey. If that happened in the zoo you would have a lot of angry mothers!
Hmmm... I looked and couldn't find wild life. Where should I look? Did see some threads I never saw before. I guess most of them are not that new... just never really looked.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Okay. i'll try to find that thread. Didn't even know there was one. I went on several safaris a couple years ago, There is no comparison in seeing an animal in the wild versus the zoo. In the wild you can see how they hunt and kill their prey. If that happened in the zoo you would have a lot of angry mothers!
God forbid people see the truth. Like keeping chimpanzees , as babies there is NOTHING CUTER but full growth even though less then half our size they can kick our butts.

Ask a Question