Gross!!!!! Dead mole in the skimmer!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Well, since there hasn't been a lot of tree debris falling in the pond, I haven't been super diligent about cleaning the skimmer. It's probably been two weeks. I smelled something ever so slightly yuck, and something told me to check the skimmer. Dead mole. Almost all the fur was gone. Gross. GROSSSSSSS! YUCK!

Is this just one of those things that the natural cycle of the pond will take care of? Do I need to be worried that something dead would make my water toxic? I suspect it's fine.

But you know - gross. Just gross. Blechhhhh! :sick::vomit::nailbiting:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Big yuck ! Last summer we had several moles drown in our pool skimmer...I go so I was afraid to check the skimmer ! LOL

If it were my pond, I'd probably add some fresh water or clean the filter....if nothing else to make me feel better :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well with my pond skimmer I have found several Voles......bugs of every description......several Toad frogs.....some of them still Fornicating.....lol......but after having a pool for over twenty five years.....I cannot count all the above......rats......rabbits......moles.....one possum, it wouldn't fit in the skimmer just on the bottom, snakes, two Copperheads, several other varies....I released all but the others but the Copperhead's I don't have much tolerance for.......and one Labador Retriever ... Thankfully he didn't perish..... But he was so wore out after I got him out of the pool, he just layed there until he got his strength up enough to leave......one of the neighbors dogs, didn't have enough sense to climb the ladder

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Big yuck ! Last summer we had several moles drown in our pool skimmer...I go so I was afraid to check the skimmer ! LOL

If it were my pond, I'd probably add some fresh water or clean the filter....if nothing else to make me feel better :)
Perfect bacteria load for the bio

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't expect to find toooo many victims in the pond there aren't many areas that just about anything couldn't climb out

Ask a Question