addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The deer eat every sunflower I have tried to grow, even the bird seed dropped ones.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I can't grow Sunflowers, the birds start to eat the blooms even before they're fully open.
We have Goldfinch all year round here, they shed the yellow and look more olive green but they never leave. I love their soft chirping!
Thank you for posting this (and all the others) pic @RobAmy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
The deer eat every sunflower I have tried to grow, even the bird seed dropped ones.
Normally the deer eat ours too. This year no deer I guess. We have tons of sunflowers this year. They normally pop the buds right off.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Normally the deer eat ours too. This year no deer I guess. We have tons of sunflowers this year. They normally pop the buds right off.
I have a little one that has made our yard its home. It was a fawn that mom planted here while she roamed that fawn is now bigger with just some spots left, but it has decided this is the place to be.

We have around 10-15 that wander through all of the time. One bad winter, we were gone, our neighbor told us we had herds of 40 plus eating anything they could find.

Ask a Question