growing big koi.....

Reaction score
my favourite part is when he saysthat no pond is a bad pond, and that he grew 45 koi in a 890 gallon pond, maybe i wont expand my pond after all

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
talal101 said:
my favourite part is when he saysthat no pond is a bad pond, and that he grew 45 koi in a 890 gallon pond, maybe i wont expand my pond after all

He never says what size filter he uses just BIG! Our dealer keeps 200 koi in a 800 gallon pond and they are healthy growing and look suprerb. But they are 2-3" long. LOL My dealers filters are Very large and have been well seasoned and maintained. 45 5" Koi is one thing to hold for a while and then move them or put them up for sale, to keep that many as a pet or long period of time it will require a much bigger space to be healthy.

great Video's, First time I have seen those and learned some good infor from them. Sounds like I need to get mine more use to eating citrus and less watermelon. darn that took a while to get them to like and now they love it! I'll still have to give them a little for a treat.

Reaction score
yeah that is true he dosen't say how big his filter is, and i deffinately do not intend on keeping 45 koi, maybe just 4-5 with a good filter

Ask a Question