Growth in filter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone tell me what this is I cleaned out pond 6 was ago this was in filter cleaned all off. Just cleaned again and this was all over filters again even on filter case, it's like rubber in consistentcy and sticky not sure if good for pond or not

Attachments

• IMG_1759.JPG
    IMG_1759.JPG
    460.2 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1760.JPG
    IMG_1760.JPG
    368.6 KB · Views: 202
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
No clue - but welcome to the GPF! Someone will be along shortly who knows the answer!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a ish!
Country
United Kingdom
Doubt very much if the OP has a turtle in his pond, being from the UK :)
Mind you there's a local tale that some idiot dumped a terrapin in one of the big lakes at the JCB factory in nearby Rocester several years ago. It's since been seen basking on an island, but they stand no chance whatsoever of catching it, the lakes are some considerable size. Don't think it would overwinter anyway.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Those are dead roots it looks like. Either way nothing to worry about just wash the substance off..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Those are dead roots it looks like. Either way nothing to worry about just wash the substance off..
I cleaned the filters with power washer but these are like rubber sea weed as I said I cleaned the filter 6 weeks ago and this all came back clogging the filter even grew on the sides of the filter box

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a ish!
Country
United Kingdom
@Nyboy.........Only in captivity, same with terrapins and tortoises too, so no wild species of any. Occasionally one of the species of sea turtle has been sighted offshore, seas are too cold in general in these parts.

Ask a Question