Growth

Reaction score
I have a koi that has a wierd orange puffy growth on its back. It has grown in size over the last couple of months. The fish is healthy otherwise. Any suggestions to cure this? Fungus? See picture.

Attachments

• Fish growth.jpg
    Fish growth.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 253
Reaction score
Can't really see anything. Very hard to diagnose these things in in person, basically impossible forums. Best that can be done is giving you a list of all possible causes. But imo it's easier to use a web site to get all possibilities and a lot more info. My fav is offline right now http://thegab.org/Illness-and-Treatment/what-is-wrong-with-my-fish.html, but there are others.

The only other thing I can suggest is to net the fish, take good photos and touch the growth to tell if it's soft or hard, rough or smooth, etc.

Fungus wouldn't be my first guess because of location. But that's a pretty wild guess.

Reaction score
Thanks Water Bug. I wasn't able to get a better picture but it is soft and smooth and uneven heights over the whole growth it has gone from the size of a dime to about 3"x3".

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Ask around your area, I'm there is a vet somewhere in CA that works with Koi. Might be far away and not cheap but if the koi is a large favorite one, it might be worth it. Kind of seems like, and is in a spot that often gets scrapes that than can allow fungus or disease to take hold.

A high concentration salt bath treatment might help at least keep in in check until you figure it out. Very hard to diagnosis via a forum.

Craig

Ask a Question