Halloween and political signs don't mix

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
A few of us who are into Halloween are trying to stop the mix of political signs and Halloween just for one night.

2 years ago I had to break up two morons aruging about politics while their kids watched. Good thing I was bigger than they were :D But seriously we all know people on both sides of the isle who simply cannot control themselves so why not just pull your signs up for one night and let the kids have some fun?

This is the banner we are working on for our neighborhood. What do you guys think?

a33SE1.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'll be interested to hear how it works. We have a similar problem in our neighborhood, except it's religious - we have a half dozen or so families who don't believe in celebrating Halloween, which is certainly their right, but they greet kids at their door with scare tactics to get them to sign "agreements" to stop worshipping satan. It gets nasty.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
I'll be interested to hear how it works. We have a similar problem in our neighborhood, except it's religious - we have a half dozen or so families who don't believe in celebrating Halloween, which is certainly their right, but they greet kids at their door with scare tactics to get them to sign "agreements" to stop worshipping satan. It gets nasty.

Really! Wow.

I mean sure I've run into people who don't agree with Halloween but never heard of agreements they tried to get kids to sign.

Hell if they got them to sign perhaps they could get my kids to sign agreements to do their chores!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
This was our display last year. We try to keep it non scary and more fun. Nothing against the folks who like scaring kids but when I had a 4 year old little girl start to cry and refused to come to the door after a prop scared her that did it for me.

And I loved this kid who talked with my wife wanting to know when the trains would be out.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Halloween update!!

I've had a friend who has 3D printers build a platform for my ecto 1 model to ride on the top of my train.

He also built a slimer figure for the top of the car! As soon as he finishes the paint job it will be time to test out! :D

20181022_084125_zpsny22dccu.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Woohoo! Maiden Voyage!

Here's a quick video of our setup minus the trains and the singing pumpkins. That's only for one night :)

And if you don't like the signs in the yard we are a split household :D

Ask a Question