addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My dear hubby bought me two lilies last fall, (very expensive he forgot to use his own cc instead of the house one, so I saw what he paid)

Anyways this is a HARDY lily! Just beautiful, so happy! this is its first bloom, one on each plant

IMG_1751.JPG
IMG_1744.JPG
IMG_1742.JPG
IMG_1743.JPG

the kids are checking it out
IMG_1747.JPG
IMG_1748.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wow I love that dark magenta color it really makes the yellow inside show bright

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Wow. Beautiful color. How nice it is a hardy water lily too. I have come to the conclusion you have a green thumb. I still don't have a bloom on any of my water lilies. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Wow. Beautiful color. How nice it is a hardy water lily too. I have come to the conclusion you have a green thumb. I still don't have a bloom on any of my water lilies. :)

What's your weather been like @cas ? Our lilies are blooming very late this year (and slowly) because it's been so cool. Especially at night when we've been in the 50s a string of nights - in JULY! Unheard of in No. Illinois.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He bought them last fall they arrived this spring. They were growing plants with a few leaves, a small tuber. I just stuck them in kitty litter with a 1/4 cup or so of ocmocote in the bottom of the pan. I kept the pans in around 6 inches over the top of the pot, water since they were planted, nice warm sunny. That really helps them grow. I am just now sending them a little deeper, slowly.

Ask a Question