Happy holidays!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So we did our Christmas early because of family timelines. The kids will be in Missouri on the 25th, so we did ours now. My husband made me pick my own gift, so I ordered some trees, which I’ll get come spring when it’s safe to ship! I got a Korean fir, which has beautiful blue cones, a pink dogwood, cause they didn’t have white, and two pink magnolia, because again, they didn’t have the classic kind. They had a penny sale on the magnolia, so I got the second one for a penny more, which works for me!
I’m excited to be working on improving the landscape. I’ve still got to figure out just where I want them, but if dad gets the mini excavator again ( more plumbing issues in the house, may have to redo the septic, I have a spot in mind that needs cleared and would be great for them! Then I’ll plant mint along the base, and various herbs, and probably other flowering plants....
But what has you excited about the holidays? What gifts are you hoping for, let’s share a holiday thread!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I planted a couple native red twig dogwoods this autumn. They're shrubs, and I hear they're fast growing, so I'm excited to see them grow next year. I believe one of my trees is a florida dogwood. I've had it for two seasons and it has hardly grown at all, hoping maybe it'll start growing this coming year.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1576791771817.gif

Just got through putting prezzies under the tree.
Happy to be getting together w/family on Christmas Eve w/all the good food and of course all the bad for you sugary foods for a day,lol!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Hubby and I stocked our freezer with the black Friday sale at the local meat market. That's our gift to each other. He has a watch on wish list thru Amazon and I have a 300 gallon stock tank but those will wait till spring.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Dear hubby got a nice folding electric bike from Amazon, so I said that is your Christmas pressie! I put it together for him as part of the pressie lol. He spoiled me this year I told him I need nothing.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Every year i say ok its time to cut back and have the kids concentrate on themselves and i never take my own advice and i still end up spending way to much.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
HAPPY HOLIDAYS .And you can see what I got already .my tool set and also my gorilla cart for my mower ,I love things that I really want and yes all my floors It is a working Christmas
100_8993.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love my yard carts only real problem is hauling them up our slope great for flat ground a tough pull up our slope

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I like the fact I can tow this with my lawnmowers also and that the front wheels swivel .I have a 12 cubic foot one but it is to big for all the smaller jobs I have and it only has 2 tires and not so easy too get it around things n the yard .My neighbor got one and he loved it so it was on my wish list

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Got my secret Santa gift at work. My boss was my Santa! She’s also a good friend. She got me cat magnets, with bendy legs to hold stuff, a cup which indicates she believes I’m a crazy cat lady, ( I may be!) and a 5 lb bag of my favorite gummy bears! My hubby had to get into that one, he loves them too. Currently I’m cleaning the kitchen to do some baking so I can make her the garlic buns she liked back in October, as well as home made bread for us, and the rest of the family.

Ask a Question