hardy lily over winter

Reaction score
addy1 said:
give me a year of pond growth and i will send you some...............

Mine are all babies this year.

hahah ok then i will keep you on mind, if i can have the patience to wait a year:regular_waving_emot

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
talal101 said:
yeah i think i might have to order some online if the only place near the city doesn't have anything intresting this year...they charge some monsterous prices on some of their plants so i hope it goes better with their pond plants...i will stop by at that store and check out what they have later this year and see...do you guys have any websites that seel their plants for good prices and ship to canada?

checkout http://ewaterlily.com/LILY_shipping.htm not bad prices and nice plants They say international shipping.

Reaction score
thank you addy, i will wait and see if i can find anything good at the store here because i would rather buy it without the shipping fees for cheaper if they have it here, but if not i will just order online.
i am really intrested in getting some hyacanith and some parots feather so will wait and see if they have it here....and thanks for that website J.W but i found it to be really confusing for some reason

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Get water lettuce instead. I used to grow hyacinth but it gets nasty as it dies off and I found it was not worth the effort. Parrots feather is a nice addition. it needs an anchor and moving water to do well.

Reaction score
DrDave said:
Get water lettuce instead. I used to grow hyacinth but it gets nasty as it dies off and I found it was not worth the effort. Parrots feather is a nice addition. it needs an anchor and moving water to do well.

wow i had no idea really?, i read that it is a really good and effective pond cleaner?, i will deffiantely be adding water lettuce and a lilly too sorry forgot to add that, i will plant the parrots feather near the water fall that i plan to add this summer.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You mean freecycle Talal? Hmmmmmmmm, don't understand why but that's ok, you will find plants soon I am sure. I had trouble trying to grow the water hyacynth here. Maybe our summers aren't hot enough........don't know but the stuff just turned brown and melted away. The parrots feather does great tho and is hardy in cold winters :fechten2:

Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately I am technologically challenged sometimes, but I will try it again later and yeah I love the look of parrots feather, I will add some for sure.
Does parrots feather divide, if so how fast? And also I'm not sure why the didn't grow,I think it could be because you got some weak plants or maybe the water chemistry was not ideal

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Parrots feather kinda sprawls all over and sends off shoots that you can just break off and divide. You can stick it between rocks in the water or in the falls or just throw it in the water and it will float up to the top. Mine doesn't seem to multiply that fast here but it's good enough to cover lots of the water and each yr there is more of it. It seems to sink down under the water when its cold out but when the sun starts shining it makes a comeback. My fish don't seem to bother it either like they do the Anacharis.........they love to eat that and the duck weed :fish:

Reaction score
i think the reason they sink down under the water when the sun is gone is because they close up at night when the sun goes down and open back up when the sun comes out...yeah i will probabley plant some under the water fall and into the deeper parts of the pond so that i can get a good oxygen level in the water

Reaction score
ok J.W it happened to be waaay simpler than i thought it was, i just sent my request for membership and now im going to wait...i just can't think of anything to give away yet so i will wait and see

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Great Talal and you wouldn't believe the stuff people want.........what you think is junk or garbage somebody out there is looking for. Styrofoam peanuts for packing, plastic containers, house plants, old boards, outdoor plants and trees, rocks, bricks, old windows, computer cords, modems, routers........anything you can think of :regular_waving_emot

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Will the koi & goldies eat parrots feather? Should you put in one of those net rings in the diy section ?

Reaction score
Yeah that is true I myself have been in those positions in the past lol and no tahhramman goldfish do not really eat plants so they should be safe but koi are monstrous plant eaters so be careful

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
goldies nibble, but if fed tend to leave it alone, at least mine did

Ask a Question