For Sale HardyThalia, Exotic big bold pond plant

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Currently being divided, hardy Thalia, a big bold pond plant, very heat tolerant in the hottest midday sun. Tough as boots to the biggest baddest koi :)

Especially well suited to hot summer climates, exotic elegant foliage is followed by remarkably tall flower stems. Set on a 3gallon pot for stability, to create a focal point

pm, email to discuss trades of interest

3 thalia650.jpg

Attachments

• hardy thalia divisions.jpg
    hardy thalia divisions.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I love Thalia, but the variety we can find here is only hardy to zone 6 - in zone 5, mine occasionally comes back, but not reliably.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Set below the freeze line Thalia would be safe. These pieces came out from 5" deep in a bog position, temps down to 3f over it some nights

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We grow it on the shelf in the pond - it's definitely below the ice. I've seen it marked hardy to zone 5, but the last plants we bought said zone 6... so confusing!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I left a piece in bucket of water, which froze solid for a week, it does not look good after freezing it through

The pieces dug out of the bog bed, no problem. So, whatever its 'zone' it does not like being frozen solid or colder, but copes fine at or above 32f

Setting it where sub zero temps can't get it, is a safe bet. The rhizome naturally dives to about 5" deep in soil and starts trotting....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
hello, I am interested in some . How much are they and shipping please

p/m sent

Also available Twenty varieties of pond iris, Water Hyacinth, Thalia, Arrow arum, Lizard's tail, Zebra rush, Graceful cattail, Water fringe, Parrots feather, Pennywort, Azolla

p/m to discuss swaps, thanks

Ask a Question