Hardywaterlilies.net

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, just wanted to share my experience with hardywaterlilies.net. Ordered a couple of water lilies from here and on their website they specifically state they don’t sell undersized or premature rhizomes. I ordered and attraction and a mayla lily. To say I was disappointed is an under statement. The attraction rhizome was the diameter of my pinky and maybe 2 inches long the mayla lily was less than an inch long and about the same diameter as the attraction. I contacted them after I planted them, we’ll see what they can do for me. Although planting new rhizomes will be a pain. Just wanted to see if anyone else has experience pitching from this site and what your experience was.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have not bought from them, but the mayla grows fast and well and blooms a ton. Very bright red/pink

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Addy that’s what I hear about the Mayla. I’m still disappointed I spent $50 for small/undersized rhizomes. I was expecting to get quality plants that would bloom this year but I don’t see it happening because of the size.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Put them in kitty litter, put around 1/4 cup of ozmocote under the litter (I use walmart oil pans) Put the lily in water around 6 inches deep over the tuber. The sun and heat will get them going. I had one $40 tuber that was the size of my pinky it bloomed that year.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1589761820339.gif
@Jfeen82
Never bought from them but hopefully they will make things right for you if need be.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Put them in kitty litter, put around 1/4 cup of ozmocote under the litter (I use walmart oil pans) Put the lily in water around 6 inches deep over the tuber. The sun and heat will get them going. I had one $40 tuber that was the size of my pinky it bloomed that year.
Thanks, I put the lilIes in a large pot at the bottom of my pond. I will raise it closer to the top. Also I use dyna-dirt to plant my water lilies. You can buy this on Home Depot website and feels it works better than kitty litter.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello, just wanted to share my experience with hardywaterlilies.net. Ordered a couple of water lilies from here and on their website they specifically state they don’t sell undersized or premature rhizomes. I ordered and attraction and a mayla lily. To say I was disappointed is an under statement. The attraction rhizome was the diameter of my pinky and maybe 2 inches long the mayla lily was less than an inch long and about the same diameter as the attraction. I contacted them after I planted them, we’ll see what they can do for me. Although planting new rhizomes will be a pain. Just wanted to see if anyone else has experience pitching from this site and what your experience was.
I’m sorry to come across as rude, but an unsolicited, negative review of a business seems inappropriate.

Ask a Question