Has spring arrived !!!!

Reaction score
Well over the last 3 days the pond temp had hit the dizzy heights of 10 degrees Hopefully spring is on its way.
How long does the temp have to be 10 degrees for before I can start adding bacteria to my filters and when can i start feeding ??

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I go by a consistent pond temp of above 12.7c or 55 F before I start feeding. I don't add bacteria, so can't answer that one.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
When do you all start total pond circulation? I think we are done with the extreme colds but I want to make sure its ok to start turning over the water at the very bottom.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I started back in the middle of Feb. and it was 1 pump working more to move the surface water and by March both pumps and both filters and the aerator were going .But we have had days above 50 and I go by water temps. and mine temps in Feb. were 50 degrees and then went up to 60 degrees and are now around 60 to 65 degrees .But my pond is not far from my septic tank so it picks up heat from that

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When do you all start total pond circulation? I think we are done with the extreme colds but I want to make sure its ok to start turning over the water at the very bottom.
I started mine last week, we are still bouncing, but the real deep cold is most likely done. We will still get frost , some freezing, temps in the 30's at night, days hitting 40-60 plus. The pond has actually warmed with the bog running, a lot of water surface area being hit by the sun in the bog.

Ask a Question