Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Mixed image collection of Map and Painted hatchlings. Don't have images yet for the offspring of our resident turtle mother and father teams :LOL: but their recent clutch at the last count had 11 eggs and only one was sterile and did not produce so hopefully this will mean 10 healthy turtles to adopt out since the healthy ones are always the best for regular pet owners since they don't require extreme attention like a rescue case turtle might.

3613126190_a6175014c5_b.jpg
dirty-dancing.jpg
Untitled.jpg
maxresdefault (1).jpg

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
2nd photo looks like turtle ballet :)
They are using the classic "stacking" technique that seems to come natural to them early on in life. Hard to say exactly why they do it but I theorize it has to do with appearing larger as a means to discourage would be predators since the guy on the bottom is in the shade then there has to be some other benefit or they would buck the top guys off but the never do.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Just wait a few months. They will soon become little monsters hell bent on eating every spec of food in the rescue inventory :sneaky:
I love turtles!
I once saved a baby turtle from my puppy's mouth! I'm not sure what he would have done with it, he was just holding it in his mouth:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I really enjoy turtles as well, but most were banned for sale up here for the most part because of the risk of salmonella. Some varieties of poison dart frogs have recently been banned here as well.
Too bad. :(

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I really enjoy turtles as well, but most were banned for sale up here for the most part because of the risk of salmonella. Some varieties of poison dart frogs have recently been banned here as well.
Too bad. :(
That is generally a problem all around but here we are still under the 4" regulation and although not in any way required by law I personally will not house a turtle in a home where the primary caretaker is a child under either the actual or mental age of about 12. Too much risk to the child and the turtle really. Honestly though people have a bad habit of releasing them into the wild which magnifies the risks by many degrees.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I love turtles!
I once saved a baby turtle from my puppy's mouth! I'm not sure what he would have done with it, he was just holding it in his mouth:)
I have met a handful of people who didn't like turtles but after about 20 minutes with me they will either fall in love with turtles or will say so out of sheer surrender to my will lol. It probably wouldn't be too off to say the turtles are my life's work now.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Personally Marshall, I blame uneducated government employees for some of these regulations.
It's pretty frustrating, as I'm sure you're aware.

Ask a Question