...hates vacuuming.

Reaction score
This is my new vacuum attachment return with pebble regulators. It was just a 1.5" straight pipe that didn't make much of a splash. I wanted more aeration and water noise so tried this and it's working fine for me. The fish love it too. With a higher volume pump and some pitch control I think a body could make a pretty dynamic fall. What can I say, I'm cheap. :lol:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 456

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
If you ever take up vacuuming again you know were the attachment is.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Hadn't seen this before. Just goes to show what you can do when you think outside the box. And did you know that a plastic laundry tub can make a great filter for a small pond? And it even comes with a bottom drain!! And unlike a Rubbermaid tote, it's designed to hold water. John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
no haro it is designed to hold laundry .The laundry basket would be alright if the area where it was sitting went straight back into the pond and was lined .Must be me but I could not figure that post out and how it works .

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Sissy; I'm talking about that sink type thing that has the hot and cold water taps attached to the back and a drain at the bottom. With a few fittings and a bit of ingenuity it can be turned into a filter. John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Oh ok now I know what your talking about here we call it a wash tub and it goes in the laundry room and we have them made here of plastic and the legs are removable and most washers drain out into them .Well art least thats the way they used to be but now with modern laundry rooms we use cabinets and sinks like our kitchens

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
We have finally gotten away from those godawful concrete ones (remember them?) that must have weighed 500 pounds, and replaced them with lovely, light plastic or fiberglass ones that can't be more than five pounds, and make great filter or waterfall containers. John

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That sure would work for a filter John, we have two in this house, one for laundry, one in a storage type room and still can't figure out why it is there.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
haro hate to tell you those big large concrete ones are worth a small fortune now and people are willing to pay mega bucks for them .It is like the clawfoot tubs ,people desire them .I saw 2 of those sinks go up for sale here and the one guy got 700 dollars for a single one and the other one was double and went for 1000 dollars .I have a biberglass one here still in the box and would never have thought of that ,so I may rethink my tote filter and starnge but this has some kind of drain board top on it .It was supposed to go in the basement when the house was being built and I did not want the fiberglass one ,I wanted a concrete one .It was going to be in the bathroom in the basement and I wanted that bathroom to look a little more modern and different .

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
And to think how many of those concrete tubs I have helped to replace.... we just used a sledge hammer to break them up and make it easier to get them out of the basements. On the bright side, I still have two of the cast iron tubs, but the claw-feet are long gone. One was used for a horse trough, now they hold young plants. John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yeh I have a galvinized one and I love it ,it has a double tub and has it's legs .I guess it is just like concrete counter tops I would love to have them but they are heavy as heck

Ask a Question