Have a great Remembrance Day!

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I remember my Gramps who faught and survived WW2. He was such a cool guy. Nothing bothered him, he would talk all day about the war if someone wanted to listen and did I ever.

Reaction score
I remember my Gramps use to get drunk and beat my grandmother, afterwards they always excused him by saying it was because of his experience in the war. Maybe not such a fond memory as yours Wayne, but it's true, and about all I know or remember of my Grampa's war experience.
Years after my Grampa died I rented a house in an orchard, my old landlord (Irwin) also lived in his house in that orchard and we got to be good friends and he talked a lot about his old war experiences. He often brought up the fact that he still had a bullet fragment lodged in his back he said they were unable to remove, (too close to his spine or something). At that time I had an old British 303 rifle that I use to hunt with that originally came from my Grampa who brought it back with him when he came home from the war, and I use to joke with Irwin that maybe the bullet in his spine came from that rifle. You see, Irwin was a German and fought on the opposite side of my Grampa.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Ok send me that rifle!!!

My Grandmother beat my Grampa, well we in a disfunctional family lol. The beatings were verbal until he got dementia, then she beat him, poor guy. I think her PTSD from the war years were worse for her with all the bombings of the German cities and no food, 3 small children to feed [1 baby died] and then the Russians came. Oh, my Gramps was on the GErman side. Doesn't matter to me, he didn't want war, he was a farmer.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
:nono: Anyone want to open that link lol?? Some kind of spam? Don't open it, I'll let Becky see it first.

Ask a Question