Have i got the wrong kit

Reaction score
I have a small pond...only 3000 litres...I got a little carried away when i decided to change my pump and filter.

I now have a Oase Filterclear 15000 (16000 lph with integral 11w uv). And an Aquamax 15000 (13200 lph flow rate)

My pond still has green algea after using this for 2 years, it never fully clears.

Can someone please advise if this kit is compatible or is it pumping to fast..This filter is fitted with foam only..

Many thanks

hewhoisatpeace

Evil Genius
Reaction score
Well, welcome. Foam only filter? There's your main problem. Check out the DIY section of the site for some cheap and easy biological filters that will clear up your water within 6 weeks.

Reaction score
hewhoisatpeace said:
Well, welcome. Foam only filter? There's your main problem. Check out the DIY section of the site for some cheap and easy biological filters that will clear up your water within 6 weeks.

Will,

Thanks i will have a look at that..

Regards

hewhoisatpeace

Evil Genius
Reaction score
Yeah, 1st thing to ensure is that you have good bio filtration. Speed of your pump can always be plumbed around, by a ball valve AFTER the pump, plus additional pipes off your outflow from the pump to power other water features. One thing I'd think about if you have too much flow is venturi routed from your pump output, to add circulation and aeration for the same electricity.

Reaction score
hewhoisatpeace said:
Yeah, 1st thing to ensure is that you have good bio filtration. Speed of your pump can always be plumbed around, by a ball valve AFTER the pump, plus additional pipes off your outflow from the pump to power other water features. One thing I'd think about if you have too much flow is venturi routed from your pump output, to add circulation and aeration for the same electricity.

I did this at the weekend, i now get about half the flow through my filter and the other half diverted to the pond to give current. Not sure how i am going to introduce a bio-filter, i have not got a lot of space to hide it. Gonna have to give that a bit of thought.

At least i know now what i need..

Thanks

Ask a Question