Have pieces: NEED planner's help

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I have all the parts my problem is that I'm terrible at planning. I can't visualize the end result so if I could get help from those of you who can plan/design I would greatly appreciate it. I have a pond that is about 4,000 gallons. I've added on a new bog. I've added a new external pump (I've always used a submersible prior to this). We are building a wishing well that I'd like to incorporate into the scheme also. Let me post pictures and I'll explain what I've got and some ideas I've had. Any design suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
My pond and bog right now

Attachments

• IMG_20200626_121738.jpg
    IMG_20200626_121738.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 93
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
My external pump that I need to incorporate. Clark Kent already suggested I should move to the area next to the bog which is a great idea that I will be doing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
The base is my wishing well. I was thinking about putting the pump inside of it to hide it. Also thought about making it into a fountain with a bucket perched on the edge of it like it had tipped over and have the water pouring out of it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200626_121036.jpg
    IMG_20200626_121036.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 72
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Another possible place to put the wishing well if I made it into a fountain. I used to have a creek that flowed under the bridge and I could put that back in.

Attachments

• IMG_20200626_121733.jpg
    IMG_20200626_121733.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 93
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Doesn’t an external pump need to be kept dry? Would need to have a securely fastened lid.
I didn't know that in fact I know nothing about external pumps. We were going to put a box over it to help hide it but my husband was concerned that it might over heat. Is that an issue or is it just important to keep it dry?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Looks like you are planning a waterfall from the bog into the pond. I was considering something like that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I didn't know that in fact I know nothing about external pumps. We were going to put a box over it to help hide it but my husband was concerned that it might over heat. Is that an issue or is it just important to keep it dry?
I have searched everything I can find about external pumps and I couldn't find anything that said I needed to keep it dry. One poster had problems when their pump got flooded but that was all I could find.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have searched everything I can find about external pumps and I couldn't find anything that said I needed to keep it dry. One poster had problems when their pump got flooded but that was all I could find.
I could be wrong. All I’ve ever used was submersible.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
What is the make and model of the pump? Should be pretty easy to find the data on it. If in doubt, keep it dry.

Ask a Question