Have you purtied up your stock tank pond? Photos?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
After 4 months of pond plans, scrapped plans, changed plans and tree roots, I bought a 300-gallon Rubbermaid stock tank. It's not what I envisioned when I wanted a beautiful, cascading pond in my backyard, but the tank is my lemonade from lemons. So, okay then. Make the best of what I've got to work with, right?

I'm looking for ways to dress it up, and I think I'd like to put a wooden frame around it, but I don't want it to just look like a wooden tissue box, either. Lattice, maybe, or some sort of veneer. (As budget permits.) I've considered backfilling with dirt and adding plants, too.

Looking for photos of such a thing. I've combed the interwebs and found mighty few people who have purtied up their stock tank with wood or lattice or...whatever. I like the idea, in the future, of possibly adding a bog filter box too.

So, does anyone have photos, or ideas, about such a thing?

Thanks, all.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
We have a large 1,000 gallon circular tank in our garden free standing apart from the bottom drain which is buried in the ground we put a frame around ours and created six sides around it then covered the frame in decking we insulated the sides of the pond with 22mm polystyrene sheets wrapped around i then wrapped that in silver sided and the gap between the wall and the pond is crammed full of recycled plastic loft insukation,

Dave

Reaction score
Country
United States
I will be doing this to my stock tank this year. My pond is in a small fenced in area in my back yard. I put the stock tank in that area and I am going to leave it there (to put extra plants and/or new/sick fish) I have been trying to think of different ways to cover it and make it look a little nicer without spending a ton of money.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
This started small, and got Big…. 8ft stock tank, cinder block/stone surround.

Rich…

Attachments

• IMG_5114.jpeg
    IMG_5114.jpeg
    278.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5109.jpeg
    IMG_5109.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5110.jpeg
    IMG_5110.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 10

Ask a Question