Have yu ever thought Hosta?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Well, I have. I had a bunch of hostas that were not planted in a fashionable way, so last year I started moving them. I have the sun-loving varieties that were planted by the previous owner. My pond is full sun nearly all day. I moved a bunch to the beds around the ponds, but still had two small ones that need a place to be. I had a big ol' round floater I bout last year and decided, I would do some research.

Hostas are quite hardy and in my research found that some people have just "stuck" a hosta with roots in between a couple of rocks and it has survived and returned the following year. They have not grown much in three weeks, but they have not wilted or turned a brown leaf yet either. My biggest concern will be what to do when winter returns. Will my floating pot crack? We will see. Trial and error. So far, knock on wood, not too much error. Have a thriving pond with native frogs and toads who think this is the maternity ward, oh I forgot the fish think that too!

Reaction score
I see that this is an old post,...but hosta and coleius are my favorite plants to put around my pond.

Ask a Question