Having a bad day.

Reaction score
He is starting to crawl now and we are using a higher dosage of the meds so I am just waiting for his body to respond...looking forward to him walking again soon :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hooray for Reese! Just takes time to get him going again but he'll be good as new in no time.

Reaction score
Reese starting walking again this morning..I took him outside to potty and stood him up,he stayed and just started walking,it was a great morning :) He is still a little wobbly but today is a good day for sure.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wow great blessed and our prayers are out there for reese to make a full recovery .He will have to slowly get straight back in his legs and as long as he doesn't overdue it ,he will get back to his puppy ways .happy to hear the great news and you must really be relieved right now .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
fantastic, so glad to hear, you have done great with Reese

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wonderful............I'm so happy for him and your family! Thank you for sticking by him. He would not be alive if it wasn't for you Amber.

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Reese is doing good but still having issues with his back legs,like they give out still ?? I would love to find a place to do water therapy but I am not sure there is such a place around me for dogs. He is on the medicine until Tuesday I believe and then I will go back for a check up,hoping he gets lots better by then. I will not be putting updates on here for awhile as my family and I are doing a digital fast,no computer,tv or video games for 2 weeks but I will be back for sure after the 2 weeks,hubby wants to try it and we have two kids 6&8 who love tv and games so this should be very interesting..thanks for being here and listening to me,please keep praying for Reese. Have a great 2 weeks :) Amber

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok Amber we will be hoping for much improvement in the 2 wks you are away w/little Reese. We went w/o tv when our kids were young for quite awhile once.................think it was actually a whole year. We didn't have computers back then so just the tv. It was a good experience and we played games and did more things together as a family. I kinda wish we would have kept it up but that didn't happen. TV crept back in and it's true that I think we are better off w/o so much of it in our families. Hope it teaches your family the value of each one of you to each other and how precious our time and lives are on this earth together.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
has anyone seen blessedfamily on .Seems I have not seen her and wonder if everything is still OK

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
She said that she would be away for two weeks their family is having a digital fast. No tv, internet or video games for two weeks.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wow geeze that can cause some tension ,not sure I could do that .Oh and that plant you were talking about vallisneria they sell at www.pondplantsdirect.com for 1.39 and they have more plants than I ever heard of .

Reaction score
Hello everyone..I have thought about updating you for awhile now but wanted to keep my promise of the fast which ended today, JW it has been such a blessing and we have even decided to limit tv/games to certain days/times :) Anyhow about Reese he was doing so well until this past Thursday when he started falling again!!! So all Friday I let him rest,no playing,no walking just rest and he slowly went down hill from there to back to square one :( So I called the vet Saturday and she put him back on his meds and added another :( I told her I was emotionally frustrated and tried my best to be calm but I asked her if this disease should be treated for more than 7 days because everywhere I read on the internet states 4-6 months! She said her vet book states 7 days of the Baytril-now keep in mind she has NEVER delt with this disease..so anyhow I asked if any of the other vets in her office treated this and she said no, I also asked why we couldn't use a certain medicine(Doxy) and she said it was not recommended for puppys....Well someone put me in contact with the president of the Illinois Bird-dog rescue Lisa whom has Lyme disease herself and has treated many dogs with all the tick diseases along with having this information on her site,she knows her stuff and has done lots of research and worked with many vets on this topic to help better understand it...she suggested I put Reese on the Doxy which my vet said we could not use due to his age but Lisa has used on puppys as young as 8 weeks..at this point I am willing to try anything and Lisa actually deals with this on a daily basis,no she isn't a vet but at this point I am not relying on my vet--I am done with guess work. Reese is still not walking as I sit here but he is happy and wagging his tail,which is great. I have missed you all :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well welcome back blessed and glad you made it through your fast .Jw went to Hawaii and as we speak probably on the beach .Well lets hope reese gets back up and gets walking and sometimes vets don't know a lot about everything so it is good you have someone to rely on for info that has dealt with this .

Reaction score
I wish I was with JW lol..would be nice but then again Reese needs me here :) I just feel like my vet should want to do more research about something she has never treated and I mean more than reading a book but I think different than most. I will keep everyone updated. Have a good night.

Ask a Question