Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I said that when I started my pond that I would not pick favorites of my turtles or fish but... well I guess when you see them twice a day and especially when certain ones seem to try to be noticed its hard not too so My fave turtle is "Agent 002" and my fave fish are my 2 black koi and my butterfly and almost entirely silver koi. But I still care for them all it is just weird how a fish can get under your skin and become a pet in the sense of attachment to them.. Anyone else have favorites?
11796271_921589731210579_1648893937537849994_n.jpg

983854_925732890796263_6953406772254186083_n.jpg

Last edited:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have to admit that I do have favorites. The turtles have names, but I've stopped naming the fish. It seems that every fish that got a name (whether an official name or not) has either died or disappeared. But there are about a dozen fish that I specifically look for on a regular basis......so guess they are my favorites.

When I look at the turts, I ask myself, "Now what if I was forced to re-home some, which ones would I keep?"

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I have to admit that I do have favorites. The turtles have names, but I've stopped naming the fish. It seems that every fish that got a name (whether an official name or not) has either died or disappeared. But there are about a dozen fish that I specifically look for on a regular basis......so guess they are my favorites.

When I look at the turts, I ask myself, "Now what if I was forced to re-home some, which ones would I keep?"
Ohhh I don't think I could part with any of my turtles. I let one go to a new home a few years ago and it died less than 3 days after leaving so I felt kinda guilty about that because I did not "need" to re home her but rather let someone have her so they could have a pet for therapeutic reasons because the lady was dying of some type of brain cancer and she always seemed intrigued by the turtles. I kinda think they may get homesick or griev themselves to death but that is speculation obviously

Ask a Question