Hayward pool filter for bio

Reaction score
Hi all its that time of year again.
I am thinking of taking the sand out of Hayward pool sand filter I got for free and filling it with bio balls, I have a ton left over from a diff project. I want it to be additional bio filtration not really using it for mechanical filtration. I an using a submersible pump and going to make a pre filter box to put the pump in to avoid too many large solids from getting to the Hayward but am trying to find out if the Hayward will make a good bio filter with bio balls. I also have a UV filter and a Bio falls for the water fall the Hayward will be used for the 15ft stream. I also use quilt batting in the stream to collect my fines too. My current filter box for the stream is too big and awkward for the space that it is in. I am going to use a 3500 gph pump to supply the Hayward. Any advice on pitfalls that I may encounter or a better way of setting up the Hayward would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance lady's and gents

Ask a Question