Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
My favorite Heckle got his own private terrarium today cause I had the space from some adoptions. He seems to enjoy his own space now.
heckle.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
what thickness glass is that tank Marshall when they get going they can be quite powerful creatures if its 6mm and not 10mm glass isnt heckle in danger of crashing through the glass

Dave

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
what thickness glass is that tank Marshall when they get going they can be quite powerful creatures if its 6mm and not 10mm glass isnt heckle in danger of crashing through the glass

Dave
It is actually glass 6mm but I put in Lexan liners in all mine so he would have to get up to roughly mach 1 to go through :D

Reaction score
Cute turtle. I would love a small turtle cruising around one of my ponds for some fish control!

What is a Lexan liner? I googled it but didn't get much info.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Whats a Lexan liner Marshall ?

Dave
Lexan is a name brand polycarbonate plastic type material that is extremely tough and transparent and is used in bullet resistant applications or other high impact safety applications where plexiglass or acrylic would not be suited due to them easily shatering and Lexan if you can even hit it hard enough will only get pierced but wont crack.

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycarbonate

Ask a Question