Hello All!

Reaction score
What a great site! I'm glad i stumbled across it following a link for "broom day"!
I live in west central Alberta in Canada, where winter has socked in far too early all ready. I have a large 5 foot deep pond filtered by an seperate upper bog garden that keeps the water crystal clear, connected by a waterfall. My husband and i built it together in 2005 and have loved it ever since, especially since it's matured and really looks after itself.

I have three koi and a few large goldfish who were abrubtly yanked from their pond at the beginning of October when temperatures plummetted and I had to melt down 2 inches of ice to get them out. I've overwintered them sort of successfully before in the pond, but found they were too weak in the spring to fight off the fuzz and had several losses, so now they spend the winter in a 200 gallon pond in the cold room! (soon to be far larger).

We're building our log home right now, and have plans for more ponds in the landscaping around the house, I'd like water everywhere you look!

So that's my novel. Look forward to discussing all sorts of great pond stuff that bores the bejesus out of my poor friends and family!
:biggrin:

Ask a Question