Hello all

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
My Name is Rob. im a self employed heating engineer from Cheshire. I’ve been keeping fish for many years however I only started in the world of ponds around 4 years ago. Only having a relatively small garden I built a small 1000 litre raised timber frame pond with viewing window . The pond has 9 good sized shubunkins and is filtered via a box filter and shower filter.
I was a member over on another pond forum but unfortunately there seems to be very little activity on there these days.
We plan on changing the garden around this spring so will be getting a bigger pond so I hope to share that with you guys as well as get some opinion and advice

Thanks in advance
Rob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Rob, and excellent choice of forum!
Others will probably be along shortly with SNAZZY GIFS but I haven't learnt to do that yet.
I'm in UK, Gloucestershire, and have a raised pond of a mere 800 liters, 4 chunky goldfish have been in it for 6 years now.
I've learned a good deal about BOG FILTERS here, and had helpful advice. I also recommend Kev's OZPONDS on YouTube, he's done a lot of raised pond filtration/design.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome @Robbo81 welcome to a very friendly forum, What other forum were you on before ? im afraid im from the other side of the Pennines to you, gods country Yorkshire.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
Heya nd Welcome!!! :D
We will happy to help you out with spring's project and whatever come with it :D

If you want post pics of your pond, we are always lurking for ponds' pics :) :) :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and gosh heat good fantastic heat . I could use some global warming right now .Bigger ponds are nice but have their fair share of problems also . I went from preformed to 1000 gallons to 2500 gallons to 3000 gallons to over 5000 gallons . I wish back in 2004 someone would have warned me koi get huge aggie and bert now over 4 feet long and would be bigger if I fed them more . but more food means more fish poo which means more water quality problems which means more filtering which means bigger filters . THE WHICH MEANS NEVER END good luck

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
did someone say 'we're a chatty group'???? You mean, gasp, we've been let out of our CORNER???? Yippeee---hall passes for everyone!

OTG; LET'S RIDE!

:cool::p;)

ah, yeah, almost forgot: WELLLLLLLCCCCCCCOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE!!!!

smiley-tongue-on-icy-pole---Xsml.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Others will probably be along shortly with SNAZZY GIFS but I haven't learnt to do that yet.

You mean, you don't know who to hit up yet for a snazzy gif???? Sheesh! Ya gots ta start payin' more attention, here, Lucky!!! Lessseee if ya gots a clue NOW!, heh heh

st1.gif
stmasked.gif
stmasked2.gif
stninja.gif
sto.gif
stpen.gif
stpirate.gif

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Welcome, As always we would love to see pictures of the pond!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! We slow down a little bit during Winter, but there’s always something going on! Can we see pics of your pond?

4A6A8BD8-E5A3-4A2E-92B0-E7703DEF0AA7.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
welcome and gosh heat good fantastic heat . I could use some global warming right now .Bigger ponds are nice but have their fair share of problems also . I went from preformed to 1000 gallons to 2500 gallons to 3000 gallons to over 5000 gallons . I wish back in 2004 someone would have warned me koi get huge aggie and bert now over 4 feet long and would be bigger if I fed them more . but more food means more fish poo which means more water quality problems which means more filtering which means bigger filters . THE WHICH MEANS NEVER END good luck
Blimey, I didn't even know koi got to 4ft. Would love to see some pictures. Must be like accomodating submarines in your garden...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Ask a Question