Hello Everyone ! Glad to be here.

Reaction score
I'm in my second year of enjoying my pond, stream, plants, and fish.
Located in Raleigh, n.c. I'm able to fool around with my water things for much of the year
Fortunately I haven't killed anything yet, and am hoping to learn more from you all to keep that record intact!
My stream runs 24 feet, and waterfalls into a lined pond of approximately 725 gallon capacity.
I have four koi, and one fantail goldfish named "Showboat" which I have already brought inside for the winter.
(a friend said he wouldn't live through the cold).
I look forward to sharing and learning.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
frogwelcome3.gif
Ron
As for the fantail, some here have them and leave them outdoors all year but guess it depends on how deep your pond gets.
Sure can't hurt tho to bring him in for the winter where you can enjoy watching him each winter.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and I love that introduction haven't killed anything yet LOL.I have fantail goldfish and they have been in my pond for almost 6 winters and I have not lost any of them yet I have 2 of them popeye and olive oil I call mine .I live 15 minutes from the NC border and last year I had my pond almost empty out on the coldest night during the snow storm and lucky I have well water and a basement tap for water .I left pond on to long and waterfall froze over and almost emptied the pond and all my fish survived that

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
WelcomeGroupSmiley.gif

Rockinron..........

I have one fantail that did well over last winter, pond froze over solid (didn't know we had any fish in it....) Yours would do fine over winter.

Reaction score
Hi RockinRon!

I am fairly new here too, but I would like to say WELCOME to you as well! Already replied to one of your posts. You are going to really love this forum! I was looking all over the internet for answers (and good conversations) and I think I hit a gold mine here! You will realize it too, in a very short time.

Gordy

Ask a Question