Hello everyone, Pro here getting back into the business.

Reaction score
Hi, I've been building and maintaining ponds for a little over ten years but I realize there is something new to learn. I'm a DIYer at heart and I'm always looking for ways to cut costs and/or improve on existing pond products. Looking forward to contributing to and learning from this forum.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
welcomefromgang4.gif

Welcome glad you joined! a lot of us are diy!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and I was out your way before Irene hit and hope you got through it fine .I have friends who live near Norfolk

Reaction score
Sissy, it was a non-event for us. Hell, we hardly lost power. I spent the better part of the storm building a dry stacked retaining wall around the new section of my pond which was nice because I could do it in swim trunks alone. The wind kept the mosquitos at bay the whole time. The only down side to it was the occasional pinecone bomb. Then I considered changing my attire to swim trunks and a hard hat.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
LOL I guess a hard hat would have came in handy then .We got 3 days of heavy rain ,but we needed it and the winds were really howling .We did not loose any power .Well at least you could get some work done with the cooler weather from the storm .

Ask a Question