Hello Everyone

Reaction score
My name is Melissa and I live in the north Georgia mountains. My first tank was full of guppies that my Mom set up. That was 40 years ago. Boy time flies! Over the years, I have had several aquiariums while raising children. Once they flew from the nest, my husband bought a 35 gallon tub. I had so much fun with it my passion escalated to all out obsession. I now have an 1800 gallon pond, several koi, a planted 55 gallon aquarium, 35 gallon with cherry shrimp, 55 and 30 winter tank for tropical waterlilies, 2 wiener dogs and a very loving and understanding husband :heartpump:
My idea of destressing after work is to put on my chest waders, sit on the plant shelf with a beer and chat with my fish. Of course that is a seasonal activity.
I really enjoy hearing how others have overcome their pond problems, new ideas and sharing in their joys.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Hello Melissa, welcome to our forum. I'm still 4 months away from sitting in my pond with a beer,but i do enjoy watching my water puppies in their basement pond,with or without a beer. look forward to chatting with ya!
mark
p.s after ten posts you can post pix of your pond....we would all like to see 'em.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Imaponder and i have a problem,,,I like that..
Welcome to the forum...we dont know were you live

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum. Take a minute and add your North Georgia location in your "User CP" It will save you from us asking all the time.
I spent 2 years at Fort Gordon, there is a lot of green in Georgia. Where you are at isn't there mountains?

Reaction score
I am in Blairsville Georgia about 10 miles from the North Carolina state line. We have all 4 seasons here and the winters are mild. We are expecting snow tonight but it will be gone with a day or so.
I'll try to insert a picture of our pond in another email.

Reaction score
Yes, they are my pets. They are delightful creatures. Very curious. I have to make an effort to keep them wild so that they will not get caught by preditors like raccoons, cats etc

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
A fact sheet ,,:icon_mrgreen:
That would be good to have, May be some one can make one and post it..
Why didn't we think of that :biggrin:

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
You have to post 10 times before you are elligible. Then make your photos 500 pixels wide and they will load just fine. Below your message box there is "Manage Attachments" that is where you load them.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
photo bucket is a website for storing and sharing photos... google photo bucket...you'll find it.. or shoot some video put it on youtube and cut and paste a link.

Ask a Question