Hello Everyone!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just dug out new pond and started to feel overwhelmed until I found you. Although it is up running and stocked it does not have that finished look.
Thanks to Pecan I believe I have a solution to one of my problems. Which is covering the edge of exposed liner.
I'm thinking of using some Styrofoam wrapped in ready rock and securing it fish line to the large stones around the pond.
Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 1493926519185.jpg
    1493926519185.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and nice pond what kind of filter and how many fish and what kind .How big is the pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group and good luck wih your pond. I started building my pond 8 years ago, but haven't "finished" it yet. Sometimes these things take time to get it just right!

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
hello-everyone-omega-forums.gif

Don't think I would go that route. Sounds like a lot of work, would be less natural looking, and a pain in the butt whenever a piece of fishing line breaks, and trying to hide the fishing line which you would inevitably see. I would probably remove those rocks you have now and replace them with larger, flatter rocks that would stick out a bit past the top of the pond liner. You can always put many of the round stones back on top if you like them, but rather than creating a ring around the pond with them, I would suggest a more haphazard placement to make it look more natural. I like the way you piled them up on the fence side. Also, it looks as if you pond water level could be brought up quite a bit. Whatever you decide, post pics of your progress. Good to have you with us.

Ask a Question