Hello everyone!

Reaction score
My husband I live in southern Maryland and have had a koi pond for about 5 years. When we purchased our house, there was a mud hole there with goldfish. We have expanded and improved it considerably but still deal with the same issues as everyone (green water, algae, etc.) I don't think there is ever a time that we aren't having to do something to the pond - but we are getting better about how to treat things. Each experience is an educational lesson.

I look forward to hearing everyone's advice here and learning yet more about how to pond more efficiently! :eek:

Reaction score
My husband I live in southern Maryland and have had a koi pond for about 5 years. When we purchased our house, there was a mud hole there with goldfish. We have expanded and improved it considerably but still deal with the same issues as everyone (green water, algae, etc.) I don't think there is ever a time that we aren't having to do something to the pond - but we are getting better about how to treat things. Each experience is an educational lesson.

I look forward to hearing everyone's advice here and learning yet more about how to pond more efficiently! :eek:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
johnjrval424 said:

Welcome there are a lot of peeps here that know what they are doing and great ideas from newbies. Post pictures when you can!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
johnjrval424 said:

Welcome there are a lot of peeps here that know what they are doing and great ideas from newbies. Post pictures when you can!

Reaction score
Thanks for your quick and friendly replies!

I found another forum but everyone there had ponds that were WAYYY bigger than mine and couldn't relate to my issues. I'm lucky to have found this one because it looks more in line with my pond.

We are having a serious algae issue right now with the hot weather we've been having. I just bought a 40w Pondmaster UV light this morning and I'm hoping that will be the answer to my prayers!

Again, you learn these things as you go along. Luckily, the koi have remained happy and healthy through all of our trials and tribulations!

Reaction score
Thanks for your quick and friendly replies!

I found another forum but everyone there had ponds that were WAYYY bigger than mine and couldn't relate to my issues. I'm lucky to have found this one because it looks more in line with my pond.

We are having a serious algae issue right now with the hot weather we've been having. I just bought a 40w Pondmaster UV light this morning and I'm hoping that will be the answer to my prayers!

Again, you learn these things as you go along. Luckily, the koi have remained happy and healthy through all of our trials and tribulations!

Reaction score
mrsclem said:
Welcome neighbor- We are right down the road in Mechanicsville. I could not get by without this forum.

Wow! What a small world! We've been trying this pond thing for a while now and, just when we think we've got it licked, something else happens and sets us backwards. But we are farther ahead now than we were 5 years ago so I'm not giving up just yet! :regular_waving_emot

Reaction score
mrsclem said:
Welcome neighbor- We are right down the road in Mechanicsville. I could not get by without this forum.

Wow! What a small world! We've been trying this pond thing for a while now and, just when we think we've got it licked, something else happens and sets us backwards. But we are farther ahead now than we were 5 years ago so I'm not giving up just yet! :regular_waving_emot

Ask a Question