Hello fellow ponders!

Reaction score
My pond is 3,000 gallons. Home to 13 comets, 2 catfish and various snakes, frogs, salamanders and a few trap door snails. There are a multitude of plants including water lily, iris, sweet flag and others. I love my pond but have to admit that fall is my least favorite time. Oh those leaves!!! Here is a picture.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 348

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
hello lesliegs, welcome to the group, i like your setup.. looks very nice. i hope the tree doesnt cause problems with its roots and your liner down the road...

Reaction score
The tree is a Sassafras and was there for at least 20 years before we built the pond. Sassafras have a very long tap root and not many lateral roots so I don't think we'll ever have a problem. We didn't encounter any roots from that tree when we had the pond built.

Reaction score
To Smirf 1405, I live in the town of Staatsburg in NY state, USA. And to DRDAVE, the island came about because that was the only way to save the Sassafras tree in the middle. The 'ground cover' is actually many different kinds of Hosta.

Ask a Question