Hello from Bullfrog

Reaction score
Hello, I am Bullfrog. I live in Texas with my wife, four dogs, six cats, (one of which just gave birth to six kittens) two miniature goats and a Bearded Dragon. I have been a Firefighter/Paramedic for many years running the rural areas of southeast Texas and am currently an industrial firefighter at a large refinery. Looking forward to retiring in 5 1/2 months.

I look forward to meeting everyone here. We don't have a pond yet due to back to back hurricanes. We had to rebuild a lot of the house after hurricane Rita and Ike, took trees through the roof from both of them. After I retire I will start on my pond.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
welcome to the group bullfrog..you came to the right spot to learn about ponding.. and i will say you are quite wise to research and learn by our mistakes in lieu of making them yourself. the biggest piece of advise i can give now is think about what you want for size and double it so you wont have to dig it up in a year or two.LOL there never big enough.............mark

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hi my friend and welcome to this nice site of very friendly and helpful people :banana:

Reaction score
koikeepr said:
welcome BF! Looking forward to hearing more about your little zoo!

Oh it's a zoo alright, my wife is the ultimate animal rescue person and I'm the same. I complain about it but I'll bring home a stray in a second myself. I work (temporarily) at a refinery and we have a lot of baby pigeons that can't fly sitting around just waiting for one of the cats to find them. I bring them home, my wife feeds them but they die and she cries.

She worked at Petsmart for a while and we were going broke. she would bring home every critter that couldn't get sold or even adopted like Beaudreaux, a Guinea Pig who ran a high fever for a week and fried his little brain. He would walk around in circles, fall down and generally looked confused all of the time. He and I had a lot in common and we bonded immediately.

She also had chinchillas, hamsters, more guinea pigs, birds, a parrot and a Chinese Water Dragon. I talked her into thinning the herd a little, thank God.

I see my old friends JW and Freddie Peepers here, hello friends.

Reaction score
LOL! I love these tales! I used to be an animal rescuer as a kid growing up too! I would care for pigeons with broken wings, homeless cats and even bring home stray dogs (tho sometimes my mom would say, but Lisa, this one has a tag and collar! LOL!).

I can relate! Welcome to our humble site!

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
your way ahead looking around before you build
welcome to the forum

Reaction score
DrCase said:
your way ahead looking around before you build
welcome to the forum

Yes, I'll retire in 5 1/2 months and will be ready to start on it. If we don't get another hurricane that is but you are right. I have had the time to study filtration systems and gathered up plastic 55 gallon drums. I have half of the back yard fenced off, that side is for the pets and this side is for us.

It is a little crazy right now as we kept two dogs from the same litter of huskies, brother and sister. Takoda, the male is going nuts because his sister Nahi is in heat and the male miniature goat Popeye keeps trying to hump her. They were fighting last night right outside of the door and my wife had to bring the dogs in to stop this madness. You simply can't reason with a horny goat, they are the most stubborn, hardheaded animal that you have ever seen.

Popeye has tried to mate with every animal that we have including the male dog. It would really be aggravating if it weren't so funny watching him run from one to the other and getting snapped at.

Ask a Question