Hello from Canton Georgia

Reaction score
Hey folks, Google seems to always bring me to this forum when I have pond questions, so I saw it fitting to join :)

My wife and I built a 500 gallon pond about 3 months ago (with the help of a few neighbors armed with shovels :lol:)
We have 5 Comet Goldfish and 3 Shubunkin. A few dozen trapdoor snails (those things can CLEAN!) And a whole mess of Fowlers toad tadpoles as of this week...Not sure where thats heading :confused:

Totally newbie pond owner so I'll have a million questions. Look forward to all the great knowledge here!

John

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 341
Reaction score
Hey folks, Google seems to always bring me to this forum when I have pond questions, so I saw it fitting to join :)

My wife and I built a 500 gallon pond about 3 months ago (with the help of a few neighbors armed with shovels :lol:)
We have 5 Comet Goldfish and 3 Shubunkin. A few dozen trapdoor snails (those things can CLEAN!) And a whole mess of Fowlers toad tadpoles as of this week...Not sure where thats heading :confused:

Totally newbie pond owner so I'll have a million questions. Look forward to all the great knowledge here!

John

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Welcome to the forum
Nice job on the pond the water looks good
What kind of filter are you running

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Welcome to the forum

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
HOWDY....welcome to the forum...ask a question..you might get a few different ideas on some. just sort thru 'em.........and go for it!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
HOWDY....welcome to the forum...ask a question..you might get a few different ideas on some. just sort thru 'em.........and go for it!

Reaction score
DrCase said:
Welcome to the forum

Thanks! The filter is just a sealed bucket from an industrial supply filled with lava rock. Pretty much a low budget build. The water is super clear, the snails and plants seem to do one heck of a job!

koiguy1969 said:

Thankyou too! Already found so much usefull info hear its awesome! Thanks :lol:

Reaction score
DrCase said:
Welcome to the forum

Thanks! The filter is just a sealed bucket from an industrial supply filled with lava rock. Pretty much a low budget build. The water is super clear, the snails and plants seem to do one heck of a job!

koiguy1969 said:

Thankyou too! Already found so much usefull info hear its awesome! Thanks :lol:

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
John L said:

Hmmm No one likes Lava rocks in there filter
But your water Still looks good
I used it pond's ago , and it worked for me then
There is lots of other media that will help your pond even more, And will clean easier
And keep up as your fish grow

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
John L said:

There is lots of other media that will help your pond even more, And will clean easier

Reaction score
DrCase said:

Ponds ago, LOL

This is the reason I'm here! What do you recomend? I've been to several local pond stores and they want an arm and a leg for filters/media :lol:

Reaction score
DrCase said:

Ponds ago, LOL

This is the reason I'm here! What do you recomend? I've been to several local pond stores and they want an arm and a leg for filters/media :lol:

Ask a Question