Hello From Chicago!

laughingwaters

Laughing Waters
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone! An overall enthusiast of koi ponds and garden ponds for over 20 years. Opened up a design, build and maintenance firm for ponds and water features in Chicago in 2002 - so you can say I'm a little bit interested in this area! Hoping to make new friends, learn what creative methods folks are using for their own ponds and maybe offer some maintenance advice if need be.

Excited to be a part of this and I look forward to exploring everybody's ponds - thanks for having me!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1596571156976.gif
@laughingwaters

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Welcome!
I'd say the most recent innovation or improvement I've witnessed that has become quite popular as of late is filtering with a bog.
It's certainly the best addition or improvement I've personally done for my pond in over a decade.
Do you have any experience with gravel based bog filtration?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome, i have thought of doing similar. with more of a focus on building them. i have always loved creating and building and this has my hobby and creativity all rolled into one.

laughingwaters

Laughing Waters
Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome!
I'd say the most recent innovation or improvement I've witnessed that has become quite popular as of late is filtering with a bog.
It's certainly the best addition or improvement I've personally done for my pond in over a decade.
Do you have any experience with gravel based bog filtration?
Thanks! Agreed - starting to see bog filtration become more popular in the suburbs. We've been dealing with some, so learning and experimenting as we go, but I think it's going to explode in the next couple of years.

laughingwaters

Laughing Waters
Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome, i have thought of doing similar. with more of a focus on building them. i have always loved creating and building and this has my hobby and creativity all rolled into one.
You definitely should! Designing and building is a passion and can be completely satisfying. It's such an invigorating creative outlet. If you have the opportunity to start - don't hesitate.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi everyone! An overall enthusiast of koi ponds and garden ponds for over 20 years. Opened up a design, build and maintenance firm for ponds and water features in Chicago in 2002 - so you can say I'm a little bit interested in this area! Hoping to make new friends, learn what creative methods folks are using for their own ponds and maybe offer some maintenance advice if need be.

Excited to be a part of this and I look forward to exploring everybody's ponds - thanks for having me!
Hi Laughingwaters. I’m in Chicago also and a little more than obsessed with my pond and fish. Where are you? It would be fun to say hi. Also you are welcome to visit my little pond if we social distance! Feel free to send me a message if you want. Thanks CK

laughingwaters

Laughing Waters
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi CK! I say Chicago but really it's Palos Heights, so south 'burbs. I find it easier to say Chicago because not many people outside of the area know where the Palos trifecta is or that it even exists! LOL. Thank you for the invite - so appreciated! This has been a truly odd year so far but hopefully we can come out of it and finally be rid of masks and social distancing. Fingers crossed!

Ask a Question