Hello from Hamden Connecticut

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I'm thrilled to have found this site!! My husband and I have had our pond since we bought our home 8 years ago. It was already on the property, but it was completely neglected with nothing but remnants of winter. Over the years, we have worked hard to maintain it, adding a new filter system and aside from our original 5 fish (3 Koi and 2 Goldfish), we have added a few new Koi. After the first Winter, we were pleased to see a number of little ones survive and they have since flourished in our pond. I have no idea how big the pond is as far as gallons...but it's a pretty good size, and at the bottom center, it's about 3 feet deep. It's very natural, has a waterfall and mainly rocks around the edges. It has been a learning experience, but I was lucky to have grown up around a fish pond. My father built one many years ago in NY, and I always enjoyed returning home to not only help him, but see what his latest development would be. He has since passed away, and I sometimes feel like he would be the only one to know the answers to my questions....and now I found this site! I'm very grateful!! Our pond is very sentimental to us, and I look forward to continuing to learn from more "experts" on here!!!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome us "experts" love to give our opinions! Neat you are carrying on your dad's passion. Mine passed before we could get ours built, he would have loved it.

another-fish-welcome.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and sounds like you must have really liked bonding as you were ponding and memories are always great .I hope you enjoy our little banter we have going here and show us some pics of your pond we always enjoy that .I think it;s just pond water is in our blood lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
frogpondwelcome2.gif
ndav73
Your pond sounds nice and would love to see pix. Glad you found us :)

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
:regular_waving_emot Welcome aboard! :lol: Thank you for the great introduction! One thing I can say for this site, 99% of the time you'll get very much agreed opinions, Even when there are differences in opinions they are friendly ones and usually good advice. Sometimes you may here two different ways to do things but sometimes there is more than one option. Glad you joined and look forward to seeing some pics!

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome!!! As soon as I can figure out how to post pictures, I will be sure to....I will figure it out by the weekend I'm sure!!!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

Ask a Question