Hello from Indiana

Reaction score
Hello I tried to become a member a week ago but never got sent my approval email so I tried again tonight and it has seemed it is going to let me in :) Anyhow I am Amber from Avon,Indiana zone 5--I have a lined 1,000 gallon pond with a skimmer and waterfall. Koi and goldfish reside in my pond year round. I started with a 90 gallon preformed and the next year went to the 1,000 gallon lined. I am already wanting to go bigger :) I have had my pond for going on 4 years now and am so in love with it no matter how much work it seem to need at times. My two beautiful kids love it also,who doesn't love friendly fish :) When I can figure out how to post a picture I will.Thanks Amber

Reaction score
I hope this worked!

Attachments

• IMG_5854.jpg
    IMG_5854.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 274

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful amber!

smileywelcome687.gif

Welcome to the group!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Beautiful pond, Amber! I'm a newbie, just getting ideas to do my first pond, and was interested to learn you started with 90 gal, went to 1,000, and now want to go bigger! I think that's the rule of the game, never can get pond too big.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hi amber and welcome to the forum of addicted ponders and we all have to go bigger once we get addicted LOL your not alone so take your shoes off relax and tell us all about your addiction how deep how big you _really______really want to go

Reaction score
Thanks everyone..I have no idea how big I really want to go but I just look at my fish and think they would love to have a bigger home lol. Happy to have found another place to dream and learn about ponds. Thanks Amber

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you have some nice healthy looking plants in your pond I'm jealous .My fish destroy plants and kill frogs .

Reaction score
Thank you Sissy,that picture was from last summer and I can't wait to see it that beautiful again. I have no idea why my fish do not bother my plants or frogs. I get tons of toad eggs in May that we just love to watch transform. My fish are begging to eat already but I know better :(

Reaction score
Yes I did a big water change this weekend and all the fish started following me around begging for food here also. Maybe in another week or 2 they will get a little food. I am going to start throwing in some lettuce for them to chew on as they want. But from the sun we have had off and on, there is plenty of algae for them to eat on right now. I need to check the water temp and see where it is.

Randy

Ask a Question