Hello from Italy

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hello everybody,
i'm Emanuele from Italy, i am the proud owner of a small pond with 50 little golden fishes and a very high number of gambusia. Even if i always have fishes i am looking for some new advices to make my pond better. My purpose is to create a very relaxing place in the middle of my garden. I am trying to work to make the water transparent but i think i need help from someone with more experience than me. I hope to find the right advices in this forum :)

(Sorry for my bad english, i am not a native speaker so maybe i made mistakes)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1598804323110.gif
And Welcome @Emanuele

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome Emanuele! Your English is excellent. You should see me trying to speak Italian! So many times I have visited your beautiful country. Which region of Italy?
Your pond sounds nice. Please post a picture and perhaps some of us can provide some assistance. Benvenuto!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Welcome!
You're basically saying that your water isn't as clear as you wish.
A lot of us use a gravel bog filter with great success in clearing up our water. My water is crystal clear since I added the gravel bog. Even if your pond is very small, you can benefit from filtering with a bog that is sized correctly for your pond.
Some people with small ponds have made bog filters out of planters or stock tanks.
Filtering with a bog requires very little, if any maintenance. You don't need to clean out any filters.
So, post up some pictures so we can get a better idea of how to help you clear up your water.

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I'm from Veneto, the region with Venice, in the North part of Italy

I have already opened a thread (with photos) in the "aquatic plants" section to talk about the problem

Ask a Question