Hello from Kentucky!

Reaction score
Hello All,

I live in Ky and currently have a 3000 gallon pond and waterfall. All of which I built myself a year ago. I started with a pre-formed 100 gallon pond and it was great but I had to go bigger! (is there any other way?) :)
I built a skippy 100 gallon mech/bio filter. I have several pond plants such as hyacinths, lilly's and iris'. I have goldfish ( I know not a good choice but they are beautiful and I pluck out the baby's so they do not overstock my pond) I have 2 butterfly Koi that are gorgeous!
I have around 20 trapdoor snails. These guys do an amazing job! And of course I can't forget my many cute frogs!!
I had to add a 35 watt UV light this year because of the free floating algae. I really had no other choice. All day sun caused the algae to thrive.

I will post photos soon!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
HOWDY.... so yall gots a pond, does ya? shucks , thats swell!....lol,sorry couldnt help myself! ......... welcome to the group!

Ask a Question