Hello from Long Beach, CA

Reaction score
I've had my pond for four years now and it's time to get a new pump. More about that in the Construction and Equipment forum. Here I'll just say hello. I am a musician turned I.T. geek. Still play trumpet a lot. My handle is Brassive cuz I like to play brass with mass.

My 4-year-old pond is a teardrop shape with a waterfall and stream in the skinny part leading to a 40" deep 10' diameter circle with a shallow ledge around the perimeter for plants. Some old goldfish from the kids bowl of 5 years ago and a few mosquito fish got us rolling in the fish dept and I've added a couple of Koi and and some frogs since. Dang Raccoons tear up the plants but I guess the deep water keeps them from being able to get to the fish.

I hope it's okay that I uploaded a pic...

Attachments

• Pond4GardenPonds.jpg
    Pond4GardenPonds.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 301

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful pond and welcome to our group!

welcome670.jpg

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Welcome aboard, Very nice looking pond! Love the Asian feel! That's a pretty nice size koi in the pic!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and repeat of what everyone said but that waterfall is the best,and those are some big fishies you got there

Ask a Question