Hello from Maryland

Reaction score
I've been lurking here for a little while and figured it is about time to say hello. We have been working on a 10' x 10' x 4 'deep pond for the past 6 weeks. What a project. We have had two previous preformed ponds but this is our first free form using a liner. The pond itself is up and running and plan to build the waterfall and veggie filter in the spring. The temps are starting to go down now and we do not wish to stress the fish any more after this hurricane Sandy that just passed through here. The water was very cloudy this morning and started to clear this afternoon. I will say that the skimmer did a great job collect the leaves that blew into the pond

Jeff

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome neighbor. I live in St. Mary's county in southern Md. What kind of fish do you have? We have a 10x10x5 as well as a 10x13x4 with koi. Welcome to our forum.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Hi Jeff- Sounds like your fish will have a lot of room to play. We have over 80 koi in the 2 ponds but I sell a couple of times a year so will be moving about 1/2 out in the spring. I need to scoop out the small stuff that went thru the netting.

Reaction score
We never lost power but got a lot of debri in the pond.. A friend just walked from his garage to his house and a tree fell on his garage. We were very lucky. Sounds like you were lucky also.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Glad you joined and made it though the storm! Welcome to our group

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and glad you made it through the storm .I have to say that pond will get small very fast with 11 koi .Mine in just in 8 years are over 2 feet long and still growing I'm afraid .I now have babies and hoping I can find a home for them .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomefall9.gif
Jeff

Ask a Question