Hello from Michigan!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
The landscape company just finished the landscaping at my new home including my pond and waterfall two weeks ago. It’s roughly 2000 gallons and 12 by 15 with two depth tiers. One being about 18 inches and the deeper being 3 1/2 feet. It has a PondBuilder Elite skimmer on one end with a 6000 gph pump. That feeds a PondBuilder Elite Waterfall at the top flowing about 15 feet down to the pond. Filtration includes multiple pads and bio twist in the waterfall box as well as netting and additional pad in the skimmer box.

No plants yet as I will have to wait now until spring comes again! I have added several 4-6 inch koi of various varieties and they are doing great. Lots to learn. Fortunately the manufacturing and retail store for Blue Thumb/PondBuilder is right here in my hometown.
4897B14B-373A-4CD2-814D-DC0437AFAB16.jpeg
BE059210-89BE-429B-B913-CDD433E9F5DA.jpeg
C4CE317A-AD27-475E-8782-421D0C35BF70.jpeg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very nice looking pond. Sorry you have to have winter coming up so soon so you can't play more w/your pond and add plants etc. We lived in Waterford and Pontiac Mi. for a couple years a long time ago. Boy it can get cold there and the snow................I will never forget those winters!
Glad to be back here living in rainy, mild temp Washington :happy:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Your pond is very pretty! I added plants in the fall, but we don't get as cold as you do.

Welcome to our group of pond lovers.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Very pretty pond @Elarson5757 ! If you wanted, it's really not to late to get a few plants in your pond. You may be able to get some good deals on hardy water lilies or other pond plants. Give you a head start on spring!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome! I grew up in Michigan and graduated from Michigan State for Undergrad and Graduate School. My parents still live near Pontiac. Congrats on a beautiful pond! Looking forward to seeing how it matures! I just planted my bog filter this week (near Toledo) so I hope it's not too late to plant!

Ask a Question