Hello from New Brunswick Canada!

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Looks like a great site. I have had a dream of having a backyard pond for years but only recently moved to my country home where I can make it happen. I have the picture in my head for my dream pond but the instruction manual seems to be missing lol. I think this site is going to be great, it will teach me all I need to know and as I build it I will take pictures of the process. Anyone who wants to give advice as they see my mistakes happen is free to inform me of those mistakes, and anyone who needs a good laugh is shure to find it in the pictures I will be posting as I really have no idea what I am doing :LOL: . My first struggle is digging out the pond before it fills up with water from all the rain we have been getting here. So far this has been a fail so I am holding off for a sunny weekend to start my project.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
animated-welcome-jumping-kid-2.gif

You will get a lot of advice here!

Glad you joined

When you get going start a thread in the construction forum, so we can answer all your ???'s with our GREAT wisdom...............

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and wish you could trade with us ,I'll send you sunshine for some rain .Stand out in your yard and do a no rain dance LOL

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum. I am sure our folks in Texas would be more than happy to take that rain your getting....

Look forward to seeing the pics as your project progresses. Are you going to add fish? When you get a chance maybe you could give us some ideas as to the size and depth you are planning.

Reaction score
Thanks you for the warm welcomes!
Sissy, I look forward to the sunshine, I will do a no rain dance and try to send the rain your way... I just hope my two left feet don't cause a monsoon lol
Taherrman4, I would like to add some fish, eather Koi or Trout but will have to look into the best size of pond to use for eather. Right now I am thinking about 20'x20' and 5' deep, then have a section attatced that will circle around a rock garden about 10'x10' and the water around it will be about 3' wide and 2' deep. I don't want the pond to be perfectly round but this is a ruff measurement

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Sounds like that is going to be some project. Like the idea of the rock garden surrounded by the water.

Reaction score
It will be a project, it will not be done before winter but if I can have it dug out before the frost then I will have time to do my homework over the winter and have it finished and in working order for spring. At least this is the plan lol. I have no idea how the pumps/filters ect work or what size will be needed for it so I have alot to read up on :) I imagine I will need to get a water pump to pump the water out in the spring also

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomesylandtweety-1.gif
BeeWrangler
Wow you like starting out big and that's great. Can't wait to see your pics. Do you have bee hives?
bees222.gif

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I can just see him wrestling those bees to the ground!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thanks you for the warm welcomes!
Sissy, I look forward to the sunshine, I will do a no rain dance and try to send the rain your way... I just hope my two left feet don't cause a monsoon lol
Taherrman4, I would like to add some fish, eather Koi or Trout but will have to look into the best size of pond to use for eather. Right now I am thinking about 20'x20' and 5' deep, then have a section attatced that will circle around a rock garden about 10'x10' and the water around it will be about 3' wide and 2' deep. I don't want the pond to be perfectly round but this is a ruff measurement
Be honest with you we need the rain cracks in the earth have now widen and are 6 inches deep and hope you don't trip though but hope someone doesn't see you and think your a tad bit crazy LOL Rock garden idea sounds great

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
do you keep bees? mr beewrangler? my honey wants me to get some hives and give it a try, but I hate being stung and really swell up. Did plant a lot of plants that are bee friendly.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome BeeWrangler. We have got a lot of rain here also. It was the wettest July on record and the 6th or 7th all time wettest month in Chicago and it keeps raining almost everyday this month too.

Ask a Question