Hello from North Carolina! Eagar to learn.

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am planning my 1st pond and very excited! I do have fish experience, however they come from a larger body of water. I have been keeping saltwater fish for about 6 years. I currently have 2 tanks (180 gallon reef tank & 140 gallon eel tank). Ponds and saltwater tanks are obviously 2 completely different worlds but also, so many similarities (water quality the biggest).

I look forward to absorbing as much knowledge as possible, in hopes of having a successful build (the 1st go round)!

-Chris

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
welcomefromgang4.gif

Glad you joined.
Start with reading everything you can, that will help you get an idea of what you might want to do for your pond.

The DIY sections have a lot of knowledge and information. Read some of the construction threads to see how others have built their ponds.

And of course we all will be glad to help you. My first little ponds where built on a weekend whim, of course had to fix some issues. The first large pond I spent around 6 months reading and planning before we even dug the hole. There are a lot of decisions you will have to make.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
th_FROGAN13.gif
ncwaters
You will find so much info here to get you started in the right direction it's not funny :lol:
Do it right the first time and your life will be so much easier :cool:

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
ncwaters said:
Hello all,

I am planning my 1st pond and very excited! I do have fish experience, however they come from a larger body of water. I have been keeping saltwater fish for about 6 years. I currently have 2 tanks (180 gallon reef tank & 140 gallon eel tank). Ponds and saltwater tanks are obviously 2 completely different worlds but also, so many similarities (water quality the biggest).

I look forward to absorbing as much knowledge as possible, in hopes of having a successful build (the 1st go round)!

-Chris
small world or should I say small pond.lol My sister live in Zebulan and my nephew goes to NC STATE.

welcome to the forums:regular_waving_emot:regular_waving_emot

Reaction score
Hey Chris!
I am right outside Raliegh between wendell and zebulon,If you need any help
give me a shout, This is a great site you'll learn alot, Welcome!!
Brian:fish::fish:

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

addy1 said:
welcomefromgang4.gif

Glad you joined.
Start with reading everything you can, that will help you get an idea of what you might want to do for your pond.

The DIY sections have a lot of knowledge and information. Read some of the construction threads to see how others have built their ponds.

And of course we all will be glad to help you. My first little ponds where built on a weekend whim, of course had to fix some issues. The first large pond I spent around 6 months reading and planning before we even dug the hole. There are a lot of decisions you will have to make.

Thanks addy1. I have already dived into the DIY section and LOVE IT, I'm definately a DIYer, not necessarily the best, but love the satisfaction of building something from scratch.

Reaction score
j.w said:
th_FROGAN13.gif
ncwaters
You will find so much info here to get you started in the right direction it's not funny :lol:
Do it right the first time and your life will be so much easier :fish:

JW, looks like bookoos of knowledge and I can definately use some that. All for doing it right the 1st time. I would imagine that ponds are not a whole different than reef tanks in that " the only thing that comes fast is disaster".

Reaction score
DrDave said:
Welcome to the forum!

Thanks DrDave! And for you I will politey cross my t.

Really not try to be a smart _ _ _ , just trying to get my post # up to 10 so I can reply to a pm. I already love the generosity of the members on this forum. sissy was kind enough to share her positive experiences with a vendor (local - NC) and would like to say thanks and also get past that 10 post min.

ps - thanks mods:lol:

Reaction score
digginponds said:
small world or should I say small pond.lol My sister live in Zebulan and my nephew goes to NC STATE.

welcome to the forums:regular_waving_emot:regular_waving_emot

Cool. GO WOLFPACK!!!! Maybe she knows Water Dog, looks like he's in the neighborhood.

Reaction score
water dog said:
Hey Chris!
I am right outside Raliegh between wendell and zebulon,If you need any help
give me a shout, This is a great site you'll learn alot, Welcome!!
Brian:fish::fish:

Thanks Brian, I will likely take you up on the offer at some point! Based on my preliminary plans, it looks like my pond will be somewhat similar in size to yours. Do you have a build thread, if not I'd love to here any details you'd be willing to share.

Ask a Question