Hello from North Carolina

Reaction score
Hi all,

I live in Charlotte, North Carolina. I have recently purchased a home that included a beautiful 3500 gal pond in the backyard. I've been in the tropical fish and aquatic plant hobby for over 20 years and I've worked at a tropical fish store (medium size, family operated) in the past (about 10 years ago). I'm also a professor of environmental chemistry at a small private university in North Carolina. I have basic (some advance) knowledge of fish, aquariums, aquatic plants and ponds and I also know my water chemistry.

However, since I never had a pond till now my "pond knowledge" hasn't stuck with me over the years. So, I'm hoping to learn from everyone else, ask a few questions and maybe help a few others out there......

Thanks for having this forum!!

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Would like to see some pics of the pond..
Welcome to the forum.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the site :)

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
SoilGuru said:
Hi all,

I live in Charlotte, North Carolina. I have recently purchased a home that included a beautiful 3500 gal pond in the backyard. I've been in the tropical fish and aquatic plant hobby for over 20 years and I've worked at a tropical fish store (medium size, family operated) in the past (about 10 years ago). I'm also a professor of environmental chemistry at a small private university in North Carolina. I have basic (some advance) knowledge of fish, aquariums, aquatic plants and ponds and I also know my water chemistry.

However, since I never had a pond till now my "pond knowledge" hasn't stuck with me over the years. So, I'm hoping to learn from everyone else, ask a few questions and maybe help a few others out there......

Thanks for having this forum!!

Welcome, please put your location in your UserCP for future reference. We look forward to your wisdom in chemistry.

Ask a Question