Hello from north central Vermont!

Reaction score
Country
United States
096FD774-23E1-4AA0-90F6-CB76BD3A86A4.jpeg
two years ago we purchased a property with a small pond (about 1/3 acre). The pond had been neglected for 5 or more years. It is Home to frogs, salamanders, and a few snakes. We have occasional ducks and geese, but we have dogs, so the birds rend not to stay. The pond does not contain any turtles or fish. We cab see a liner in part of the pond, but the liner is not under all of the pond. At this point the liner is covered with a fair amount of pond debris. We have done quite a bit of shore and pond clean up over the past two years, but we don’t feel we are ahead of it yet. We love swimming in this pond. We would like to have some fish in the pond as well, but we are not sure about over-wintering becUse of the liner. I will post some clean yo questions in the forums. I have attached a photo of our pond

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our forum! Very nice pond.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome Sara! Wow, that's pretty. You live in a beautiful state. All you need is one of those magnificent covered bridges!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome! I'm very curious how there can be liner under just part of the pond? It's beautiful!
We are not sure since the pond was there when we bought the property. We can see the liner in a few places and in one place it is about 10 feet from shore. It looks like perhaps they put a liner down the center where the original stream flowed. We are not sure is it is still needed, but pulling it would be a huge job.

Ask a Question