Hello from North Texas

ElijahTurtle

Pond n00b
Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm new here, I found your forum while looking for info on pond building. My wife & I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. We have a 10.5 month old daughter & just bought our first house so she'll have room to grow & play & we will be moving in tommorow! I've been addicted to aquariums for a good while & since my wife has limited my expansion of the hobby inside the house, I have been dreaming of building a pond.
Currently my plan is to have an 800-1300 gallon pond in the back yard with a couple of koi, some goldfish, gambuisa & flag fish. Hopefully I can enlist my "fish nerd" friends from the local Freshwater Aquariums site to help me decorate the pond & get it filled when I get to dig it.

BTW is there anyone here from the DFW area?

retiredusaf

retiredusaf
Reaction score
I just joined this forum today and live in North Arlington not too far from you. Did you ever get that pond built? I have had mine since October of 2009 and your welcome to drive over most anytime and take a look at it. It is about 1000-1300 gallons. I posted a couple of pictures in the gallery today; one taken during daylight and one at night to show the night time lighting. If you have built yours I would like to see a picture of it. I will check now to see if you have posted a picture.

Ask a Question