hello from ohio

Reaction score
Hello all :) I found this forum while searching for advice on how to handle injured koi. I posted about that in another section and would love any advice you can offer. Aside from that I mostly keep comets in my two modest backyard ponds. I will be adding a few small koi soon,(most likely spawned last year) as they have lost their owner and need a new home.

My husband and I enjoy our fish, we have them everywhere, inside and out. We have five tropical tanks in the house ranging from 10-75 gal with everything from cichlids, catfish, pencil fish, neons, danios, and a wonderful scat we got for half price because he had a bad eye. He is thriving and happy :)

I look forward to finding my way around here :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
WelcomeGroupSmiley.gif
Welcome to our group! lilyinohio

Reaction score
So I am not the only one from Dayton on this site..... I am south in Centerville actually

mostly reef/saltwater stuff but check out our local club. I just have two tank that are running, a 210g & 475g.... both saltwater

http://www.worcreef.org

There is also a koi club in Dayton, I can send you info if you want. I have been a member for I think 3 years now but have only been to a few meets.

Reaction score
hi everyone, forgot to mention its my birthday today :)

hi viggen! good to meet you, i know of the koi club, i dont think im quite on par with that just yet. would love to see your reef stuff sometime. our 75 gal is brackish, our scat is very happy in there. we dabbled in salt but lost a few puffers and couldnt bear to lose anymore of that. they are way too amazing to risk :)

Reaction score
Yea.... the koi club is also way over my head.... but it's a great source for info! Costs $20 a year... the first meeting I went to I won a 57w Aqua UV sterilizer...... I pulled my own name out of a hat :)

One of these days when I get my tank (it's actually a FOWLR) & my ponds done I will have a little get-together.

Reaction score
yea... v-lucky... & I never (well almost never) win anything. I wasn't a paid member at that time (owner of roof company who redid my roof in 07/8 invited me to the club) & after picking my own number I had to pony up.....

Van Woodruf raises/sells koi out of his home in Franklin, he's helped me buy some equiptment that I have needed, saved me a lot of money on some items.

I have no clue on injury healing stuff..... isolating him from the other fish might help but I am not sure. Koi stuff is all new to me

Ask a Question