Hello from Philadelphia

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My name is Jeff...i'm new here :)
My goldfish pond is not as cool as a lot of the Koi ponds i see here...but i am still proud of it. I am having fun during the whole process of learning. This stuff is very enjoyable to me. I will be doing a Koi pond at some point when i have a bigger yard in my next house.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
page_curls.gif
to our group! I have a large shubunkin goldfish only pond, prefer it that way.........they don't require as much care as koi do.

Glad you joined! Any pond is cool.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My goldfish pond is not as cool as a lot of the Koi ponds i see here...but i am still proud of it. .

Welcome to the forum!

Your pond looks great, and shhh, don't tell anybody... but Goldfish ponds are way better than Koi ponds anyway (less maintenance, you can keep more because they stay smaller) :cool:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and hate to say I have koi that rip plants apart and kill frogs and they ate the snails I bought and wish someone had told me about koi .I would agree goldfish are much easier and less fussy and sure don't get as big

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome from Plymouth in the UK , the last time I was in Philadelphia my ship HMS Bulwark caught fire that was way back in 1980 when we had a major boiler room fire whilst alongside in the US Naval Base which with the help of your fire department and our damage control teams we managed to put out after a seven and a half hour battle .

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks everybody...i do love my goldfish, the three oldest ones are getting big. The two largest ones are probably 8" long and the other is just slightly smaller. They are only a year old. My first bunch of fish i had for 3 years in my original smaller pond when i was a real novice. Unfortunately i had a hose burst while i was at work one day and back in those days i didnt know ANYTHING. I used to keep my pump at the bottom of the pond and almost all of the water emptied out of the pond. Like the idiot that i was, i filled it back up with hose water. I think thats what killed them. I had 7 large goldfish... 5 commons, 2 fantails. I loved those fish. Thats when i decided to educate myself better.

Reaction score
Hello Jeff! Welcome to the forum.
Hope you will enjoy good time here on the board and also learn more for your pond care & maintenance.

Ask a Question