sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We all come here to share our pond experiences with others and show off our ponds and welcome others that love there ponds also .WELCOME and need pics to enjoy what you enjoy .:)

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Sorry, on my lap top, most of my pics are on desktop. As soon as the wife gets off, can upload, I got lots. Here's a couple vids for ya.

These are pretty old.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome! We love to share! Tell us more about your pond. How did you decide on blue gills? Are they wild caught? Do you think they are finding enough to eat in the pond and therefore don't feel obligated to eat your offerings?

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Welcome! We love to share! Tell us more about your pond. How did you decide on blue gills? Are they wild caught? Do you think they are finding enough to eat in the pond and therefore don't feel obligated to eat your offerings?
Well I really didn't plan on bluegill. Once we were camping and there's this small lake with a small dam. These guys got washed over the dam and into the micro creek, barely running, another month and the creek would have been gone. this is why I have no reservations about keeping 'wild' fish in my pond, they'd have perished long ago after suffering a slow death.
I suppose they could survive without my feeding, I only give them a few bits a day and if you look you will see them feeding in the slow current, just like in the wild. But they seem to really enjoy the pellets and I like to think they get better nutrition than insects alone. I don't worry about it if we go out of town for a couple days, they'll be fine.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
What is the temps of the water ,i thought they were cooler water fish and video's are great .The water with the black liner will heat up faster

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
What is the temps of the water ,i thought they were cooler water fish and video's are great .The water with the black liner will heat up faster
I didn't check the water temp. it's just that we were mid 80's last weekend with lows in the 60's. This sudden cold front sucks for us all. And now they say 90's by next weekend! As a fisherman, I've always been told game fish more active during cooler temps. But as a ponder, I can tell you these guys get real active towards the end of the day when it's warmer...

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group! Nice looking pond

Ask a Question